Tomorrow is all about the future; help us uncork the passion!
We ask you to join us as a partner for our Toast to Education—Wine and Dine Benefit Gala to provide opportunities and inspiration for determined young minds!
Several sponsorship opportunities are available to assist with the success of this event. Your financial support will empower students to thrive and discover their passion and purpose.
The Toast to Education event will take place Saturday, March 18, 2023, in the Performing Arts Center at Kent State Tuscarawas. Guests will savor a wine and culinary experience by Tuscarawas natives, Jim Demuth and Sherry Schie.
The inaugural Toast of Education Award will be presented, along with exciting raffles and auction lots. The event will also feature a cocktail reception and live acoustic jazz for sponsors and their guests. Proceeds will benefit scholarships, students services and the Performing Arts Center music education outreach program.
Ticket prices are $125. For questions or sponsorship information, contact Chad Conrad at 330.308.7445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kent State Tuscarawas Alumni Spotlight: Amy Brandon
- Where do you work and what is your title?
- I am the Human Resource Manager at SIMONA Boltaron Inc. in Newcomerstown
- What has been your career path?
- After graduating from Kent State Tuscarawas, I joined Boltaron Performance Products as a Customer Service Representative. As part of the inside sales team, I was able to learn a lot about the products, processes and customers. That experience has benefited me tremendously in my current role of 6 years, Human Resources Manager.
- What was your degree?
- Bachelor’s in business administration
- Why did you choose Kent State Tuscarawas?
- Kent State Tuscarawas was a great option for me because I was able to finish my bachelors locally while working and raising a young family. It offered both day and evening class times, summer courses, and the ability to take courses at the Stark Campus if needed.
- What were your favorite classes?
- Individual and Group Behavior in Organizations, Legal Environment of Business, and Principles of Marketing (or any class I had with Lisa Gintz!)
- How did the school prepare you for your career?
- The program offered courses in leadership, human resources, project management, and global business, all valuable skills which are relevant to many industries of all sizes. My business degree helped open up options that resulted in entry-level and management positions.
- I’ve also been able to maintain connections with the University to help me in my current job. We’ve partnered with Kent Tusc to provide training for employees, recruit local graduates, and participate in events such as engineering week.
- Favorite memory while at Kent Tuscarawas?
- Graduation. You see a lot of students shuffling through the halls on a day to day basis, but everyone is working at their own pace and are at different stages of their education. When you have a gym full of graduates in their caps and gowns, all finishing up at the same time, it’s a great sense of accomplishment. We made it!
- What was your hometown and high school?
- Newcomerstown High School
- What hobbies do you have?
- I enjoy playing volleyball, working out, learning guitar and travelling.
- Tell us about your family (include pets).
- My daughter, Kaelyn, and I have 2 cats, Goldie and Jazzy, and an ornery golden retriever named Potato, aka Tater.
Soar with us: Together, we can do great things!